Random Post

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Foolish Wolf’s Flute



A lot lamb wandered to the edge of the woods where it was concentrated on grazing without being cautious. A hungry wolf walked out of the woods to go to the pasture where many sheep grazed. On its way, it met the lost lamb and was happy that it did not have to risk going to the flock where there were sheep dogs and watchful shepherds

“How nice that dinner has walked to me without me doing any work” it went to the lamb who was still grazing, unaware. The wolf ran towards the lamb to eat it. When the wolf got close, the lamb saw and tried to escape, but the wolf was too fast.

As the wolf was about to kill the lamb, an idea struck in the lamb's mind. The lamb pleaded, "Oh wolf! I know that I am going to die now. Will you be kind enough to fulfil my last wish?"  The wolf asked, "What is your last wish?" The lamb replied, "I am fond of music. Before I die, I wish to hear you play the flute." The wolf agreed and played the flute. 

When the wolf stopped the lamb said, "Oh! what beautiful music! Will you play a bit louder, please? You play far better than my shepherd”. The wolf was pleased by the flattery and started to play louder.

In the mean time, the shepherd and the dogs who were in search of the missing lamb heard the sound. They came running and caught hold of the wolf. The lamb happily trotted away to his flock.  


This story teaches you that. 
 “If there is a will there is a way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Post